Accelerated Reader is a powerful tool for monitoring and managing independent reading practice. With AR, teachers create a reading programme to meet the needs of every student.
Using information generated by the software, teachers help students select books that are difficult enough to keep them challenged, but not too difficult to cause frustration. In addition, it helps teachers to monitor students’ vocabulary growth, literacy skills development and reading skills taught through other reading schemes.
Accelerated Reader helps develops lifelong readers.
What is Renaissance Home Connect?
Renaissance Home Connect is a tool that connects the school and home to keep parents informed of their child’s progress toward Accelerated Reader and encourages the child to practice reading at home.
How does Renaissance Home Connect help me improve my child’s reading progress?
- You can view your child’s progress toward reading goals and reader certification, and view all books that your child has read and quizzes your child has taken.
- You can view all words a child has learned through Vocabulary Practice Quizzes. In addition, words the child missed are clearly marked so you can help your child learn those words.
- You can access an online search tool, AR BookFinder, to search for books using various criteria, including author, subject, or reading level.
- You can receive emails that reveal results for Reading Practice Quizzes and Vocabulary Practice Quizzes and provide links to the Web site where you can check progress.
How do I get access to Renaissance Home Connect?
You can view Home Connect from any computer with an Internet connection using these browsers:
- Internet Explorer® 6.02 or later
- Firefox® 1.5 or later
- Safari™ 2.0.3 or later
To log in to the Home Connect website:
The same login and password that your child uses at school will work at home.
Take a sample Accelerated Reader quiz here!