P.E. and Sport Funding
At Cavalry Primary School it is our priority to spend the Sports Premium Funding in ways which will have a lasting impact on the quality of Physical Education experienced by all our children.
We expect to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
· the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
· the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
· increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
· broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
· increased participation in competitive sport
Standards achieved in swimming:
All children in KS2 have a block of 9 weeks swimming each year. In 2017, 90% of our Year 6 pupils met the nationally expected standard:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively – for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Each year we prepare a plan for the use of this grant, and evaluate impact at the end of the year. The school's P.E. and sporting activities are co-ordinated by Miss Stewart (P.E. Subject Leader) and Mr Brown (Sports Coach).