'The governors provide very good support, and know about the quality of teaching and pupils’ performance. They visit the school regularly to check on its work. Governors know what the school is doing to manage teachers’ performance, and how it rewards good teachers and tackles any underperformance. They make sure that safeguarding arrangements meet nationalrequirements to keep pupils safe, and that the pupil premium benefits eligible pupils.'
Our governors are a group of people who support the school in a variety of ways. They are all volunteers and we really appreciate the time and energy they all give to Cavalry School.
Their role is to support and challenge the Headteacher, to help set the vision and strategic direction of the school and to ensure that our school is the very best it can be.
Governors have a wide range of responsibilities. These include challenges such as:
- Ensuring that the school meets its legal responsibilities
- Setting the school budget
- Making decisions about the school building and premises
- Setting school policies
- Appointing staff and making decisions about current staffing
- Looking at how well groups of pupils are performing and ensuring action is taken if there are any concerns
Our Governing Body 2018-2019
- Chairperson: Mrs Anna Betts
- Vice Chairperson: Mr Tristan Casson-Rennie
- Clerk to Governors: Ms Alison Chandler
- Headteacher: Mrs Fiona McCallum